- Brussels Sprout and Avocado Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Guacamole
- Pistachio Encrusted Chicken
- Encrusted Parmesan Artichoke Chicken
- Honey and White Cheddar Apple Bites
- Spider Cakes (Golden Butter Cakes with Peanut Butter Icing)
- Black Bean and Mango Salsa
- Berry Studded Honey Cloud Pancakes
- Shredded Pork and Grilled Pineapple Tacos
- Sassy Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Shredded Pork
- Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Biscoff Milkshake
- Grilled Halloumi Cheese and Mango Salad
- Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- Chicken Wrap with Avocado Mayonnaise
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Did you know that sweet potatoes are more closely related to morning glories than white potatoes? During the low carb/no carb diet craze sweet potatoes got a bad wrap. Lots of people turn away from all potatoes in general, but truthfully sweet potatoes pack a lot of nutrition in a convenient orange package. They are a complex carbohydrate, high in fiber, antioxidants, vitamin A and potassium. Not only that, they are so delicious!
Of all the ways to make sweet potatoes one of my favorites is also one of the easiest – sweet potato fries. The ingredients are simple just sweet potatoes, olive oil and salt. You just peel the potatoes (or you can leave the skins on if you prefer) cut into strips, toss with olive oil and salt, place on a baking sheet and bake. Voila! Super tasty sweet potato oven fries!
I usually stop after the olive oil and salt but you could get creative and add other seasonings as well. Some other seasonings that I like on sweet potato fries are cinnamon and nutmeg or dried adobo seasoning or even Lawrey’s Seasoning salt. Give them a try and let me know what your favorite seasoning combo is on these delicious sweet potato oven fries.
Sweet Potato Oven Fries
Prep time: 7 minutes – Cook time: 25-30 minutes – Makes: 3-4 servings
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven 375. Spray 2 baking sheets with non-sticking spray and set aside.
Peel sweet potatoes and cut into strips.
Place sweet potato strips into a large bowl. Add olive oil and sprinkle of salt. Toss until coated.
Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake for 25-30 or until fully cooked.
Remove from the oven, add additional salt if desired and serve.
Incoming search terms:
- Jenna Sweet Belgium
- potato oven
- sweet potatoes
- sweet potato cooking time oven
- sweet potatoes carbs
- indian carbohydrate food
- oven sweet potato fries 375
- oven cooked sweet potato fries
- oven fries stop sticking
- potatoes fries in the oven