Did you know that sweet potatoes are not actually related to the potato? They are a member of the morning glory family. Who knew?
There are lots of great things about sweet potatoes. They are sweet, delicious and loaded with vitamin A as well as other great nutrients. Another great thing about them is they can be made into a great side dish with very little effort.
One of my favorite ways to make sweet potatoes is roasting them in the oven. This is a super easy way to prepare sweet potatoes – just cut them into chunks, toss in some olive oil and bake. The results is the prefect side dish with no need for any extra condiments. Love it!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350º.
Place sweet potato chunks in a bowl. Sprinkle with olive oil and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray (I used olive oil spray). Pour sweet potato chunks onto baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft a lightly browned.
Incoming search terms:
- oven roasted sweet potato chunks
- roasted sweet potatoes
- baked sweet potato squares
- roasting sweet potatoes chunks
- roasted sweet potato chunks
- square potatoes
- roasted sweet potato squares
- sweet potato chunks
- how long to roast sweet potato chunks
- baked sweet potato chunks