It is Valentine’s Day weekend so I want to make something sweet for my sweetie. Chocolate desserts are so expected for this holiday I decided to try something savory sweet – Roasted Sweet Potato Ravioli with Brown Butter and Walnut Sauce.
This recipe isn’t hard but assembling all the ravioli takes some time. So you might want to save this dish for a leisurely weekend when you have some time.
The first time I had Sweet Potato Ravioli it was served as a main course. I like to serve it as unique side dish. You, of course, can serve it up in any manner you like.
Happy Valentine’s Day weekend everyone!
Roasted Sweet Potato Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce
Prep time: 30 minutes - Cooking time:1 hour - Makes: 4 servings
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 packages refrigerator wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 green onions, diced
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Place diced sweet potato in a bowl. Toss with olive oil. Pour potatoes onto a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
Transfer roasted potatoes to a bowl. Add ricotta, thyme, garlic, Parmesan, egg, and nutmeg. Mash with a potato masher until smooth.
To assemble raviolis, place 2 teaspoons of the sweet potato mixture on a wonton wrapper. Moisten the 4 edges of the wonton with a whisked egg then place another wonton on top. Press the extra air out while pressing the sides of the two wontons together. Repeat until all 60 ravioli are assembled.
In a large skillet melt butter. sizzle until butter starts to turn brown. Add walnuts and sizzle them for 30 seconds. Add green onions and 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, remove from heat and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the ravioli in batches for 2-4 minutes or until tender. Drain very well. add to skillet with brown butter and walnuts. Toss until well mixed. Serve and enjoy.
Incoming search terms:
- sweet potato ravioli
- savory sweet potato ravioli
- halloween side dishes with pictures
- sweet potato stuffed ravioli
- sweet roasted walnuts
- roasted sweet potatoes with walnuts
- sweet potato ravioli with brown butter
- sweet potato ravioli with maple walnut sauce
- what to serve with sweet potato ravioli
- sweet potato ravioli with blue cheese