- Happy Father’s Day with Homemade Crepes
- Chipotle Black Bean and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Brussels Sprout and Avocado Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Guacamole
- Pistachio Encrusted Chicken
- Encrusted Parmesan Artichoke Chicken
- Honey and White Cheddar Apple Bites
- Spider Cakes (Golden Butter Cakes with Peanut Butter Icing)
- Black Bean and Mango Salsa
- Berry Studded Honey Cloud Pancakes
- Shredded Pork and Grilled Pineapple Tacos
- Sassy Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Shredded Pork
- Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Biscoff Milkshake
- Grilled Halloumi Cheese and Mango Salad
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: chicken
I am 3 weeks in on my low carb diet and so far so good….well except for the fact I am reeeeaaaallly missing my morning waffles and OJ. Oh well, at least I am making slow and steady progress to my goal of being fit and extra fabulous for the holidays!
This weekend I made low fat chicken burgers on the grill (no bun of course). I skipped my usual usual condiment choice (mayo) and topped the burgers with my kicked-up guacamole. This is a quick food processor guacamole that boasts a nice chipotle kick. You can easily make it a little more or less hot by how much chipotle pepper you add.
Since my usual burger side, Sweet Potato Fries, were out of the question for a low carb meal so I served my burgers up with a small side salad and some Roasted Asparagus. This is definitely one of my healthier meals. The meal was delish and my diet remains intact to heading into week four.
Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Guacamole
Prep time – 5 minutes - Cook time: 10 minutes - Makes: 4 burgers or 8 mini burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- soy sauce
- olive oil spray
- Kicked-Up Guacamole (recipe below)
Preheat grill on medium high heat.
Form ground chicken into 4 burgers or 8 mini burgers. Sprinkle both sides lightly with soy sauce. Spray both sides with olive oil.
Place burgers on hot grill. Grill burgers for roughly 4 -5 minutes per side (more or less depending on the thickness of the burgers). Fully cooked chicken burgers should reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
Remove from grill. Top with Chipotle Guacamole plus any other burger toppings of your choice.
Prep time: 8 minutes - Cook time: 10 minutes – Makes: approx 3/4 cup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 medium sized sweet onion, diced
- juice from 1 fresh lime
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large avocado, pealed with bit removed
- salt and pepper
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to large skillet and heat on medium high. Add 1/2 diced onion and saute for 8-10 minutes.
Place cooked onion, lime juice, chipotle and water into a small food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add avocado and give a quick pulse. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy!
Incoming search terms:
- theundercovercook com chicken-burgers-with-chipotle-guacamole
- chicken burger chipotle
- cooked sliced up chiken
- ground chicken guacamole burgers
- guacamole chicken burger
- guacamole food processor
- tacos de camaron
- what can i do with thin chicken slices
- zucchini fritters with panko
I am not sure how it happened but Thanksgiving is officially around the corner. Given that Christmas stuff has been out in the stores since before Halloween, you wouldn’t think that I would not be in such denial about the impending holiday season….but I am none the less.
About a month ago (when the holidays still seemed much farther off) I had set a goal to loose that last stubborn few pounds of leftover baby weight, ditch the frumpy clothes that have been creeping into my wardrobe since becoming a mom and emerge at the holiday parties this year looking totally fabulous.
My plan has been to give up the majority of white carbs (flour and sugar) for 7 weeks and pump up my gym routine with some new workout classes. So goodbye Kashi waffles and OJ for breakfast… hello cycle class!
In keeping with my new low carb diet plan I came up with Pistachio Encrusted Chicken. It mimics what I love about encrusted chicken but offers lower carbs by using pistachio nuts instead of flour or breadcrumbs. This encrusted chicken is excellent yet very simple with very few ingredients! You won’t miss the breadcrumbs at all. You can serve Pistachio Encrusted Chicken Breasts either as a center of the plate entree as well as over a salad. Either will be equally delicious!
Pistachio Encrusted Chicken
Prep time: 5 minutes - Cook time: 20 minutes - Makes: 4
- 4 thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup roasted and shelled pistachio nuts
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- non-stick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Place pistachio nuts in a mini food processor and pulse to grind nuts. Pour ground nuts onto a plate.
Crack egg into a bowl and whisk.
Lightly season 4 chicken breast with salt and pepper. Dip into egg mixture. Shake lightly to remove excess egg.
Place chicken breast onto ground nuts. Press into nuts to coat the chicken. Flip chicken over and repeat.
Preheat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan. When pan is hot add nut coated chicken breast to the pan. Cook two minutes per side.
Place chicken breasts on prepared baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F. Remove fully cooked chicken from the oven, serve and enjoy!
Other Meals You Might Enjoy!
Incoming search terms:
- Pistachio Encrusted Chicken Breasts
- pustachio encrusted chicken
- pistacoo encrusted chicken
- pistachios encrusted
- pistachio flour low carb
- a month ago when
- pistacchio chicken breast
- pan encrusted pistachio
- low carb pistacio and flax encrusted chicken
- chicken no carb recipes
My fall was zipping right along down here in the deep south. We were enjoying unseasonably warm weather until about a week ago when the temperatures suddenly dropped to more normal fall-like levels. For some reason the cooler temperatures have really inspired me to turn my oven back on and try some new things in the kitchen.
This past weekend I wanted something decadent but easy for dinner. What I had on hand was plain old ordinary chicken breast. I came up with the idea of adding a simple artichoke dip to the top of the chicken before baking.
This is an incredibly easy recipe. The artichoke topping comes together in just a couple of minutes. After that you just pop it in the oven and you have 30-35 minutes do get other things done.
The results were outstanding. Encrusted Artichoke Chicken tasted better than many restaurant meals I have eaten lately. I am definitely adding this recipe to my normal meal rotation.
Encrusted Artichoke Chicken
Prep time: 7 minutes - Cook time: 35 minutes - Makes: 4 servings
- 4 thin sliced chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- 1 can (13.75 oz) artichoke bottoms, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup Italian Panko Crumbs
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Spray a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on the broiler pan so they are not touching. Season with a light sprinkle of garlic salt and black pepper.
In a small bowl place sliced artichoke bottoms, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes, thyme and 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt. Mix ingredients with a spoon.
Spoon 1/4 of the artichoke mixture onto each chicken breast. Spread the artichoke mixture so it mostly covers the top of the chicken breast. Sprinkle Panko crumbs over top of the artichoke mixture (roughly 1 tablespoon of Panko crumbs over each chicken breast).
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Last 60 seconds of cooking turn heat up to broil to better melt the cheese in the artichoke mixture. Remove form oven, serve and enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Want To Try!
Incoming search terms:
- pistachio encrusted chicken with artichokes
- panko chicken with artichokes
- chicken artichoke mayo parmesan
- chicken artichoke panko bread crumbs mayonnaise
- chicken with artichoke and panko
- panko chicken and artichokes
- parmesan artichoke chicken
- thin sliced chicken breast with mayo and panko
- oven fried chicken panko crumbs artichoke
- how to oven cook chicjen breast