- Happy Father’s Day with Homemade Crepes
- Chipotle Black Bean and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Brussels Sprout and Avocado Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Guacamole
- Pistachio Encrusted Chicken
- Encrusted Parmesan Artichoke Chicken
- Honey and White Cheddar Apple Bites
- Spider Cakes (Golden Butter Cakes with Peanut Butter Icing)
- Black Bean and Mango Salsa
- Berry Studded Honey Cloud Pancakes
- Shredded Pork and Grilled Pineapple Tacos
- Sassy Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Shredded Pork
- Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Biscoff Milkshake
- Grilled Halloumi Cheese and Mango Salad
March 2015 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: potato
It is Valentine’s Day weekend so I want to make something sweet for my sweetie. Chocolate desserts are so expected for this holiday I decided to try something savory sweet – Roasted Sweet Potato Ravioli with Brown Butter and Walnut Sauce.
This recipe isn’t hard but assembling all the ravioli takes some time. So you might want to save this dish for a leisurely weekend when you have some time.
The first time I had Sweet Potato Ravioli it was served as a main course. I like to serve it as unique side dish. You, of course, can serve it up in any manner you like.
Happy Valentine’s Day weekend everyone!
Roasted Sweet Potato Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce
Prep time: 30 minutes - Cooking time:1 hour - Makes: 4 servings
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 packages refrigerator wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 green onions, diced
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Place diced sweet potato in a bowl. Toss with olive oil. Pour potatoes onto a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
Transfer roasted potatoes to a bowl. Add ricotta, thyme, garlic, Parmesan, egg, and nutmeg. Mash with a potato masher until smooth.
To assemble raviolis, place 2 teaspoons of the sweet potato mixture on a wonton wrapper. Moisten the 4 edges of the wonton with a whisked egg then place another wonton on top. Press the extra air out while pressing the sides of the two wontons together. Repeat until all 60 ravioli are assembled.
In a large skillet melt butter. sizzle until butter starts to turn brown. Add walnuts and sizzle them for 30 seconds. Add green onions and 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, remove from heat and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the ravioli in batches for 2-4 minutes or until tender. Drain very well. add to skillet with brown butter and walnuts. Toss until well mixed. Serve and enjoy.
Incoming search terms:
- sweet potato ravioli
- savory sweet potato ravioli
- sweet roasted walnuts
- sweet potato stuffed ravioli
- halloween side dishes with pictures
- potato ravioli bluecheese
- roasted sweet potatoes with walnuts
- sweet potato ravioli with blue cheese
- sweet potato ravioli with brown butter
- what to serve with sweet potato ravioli
I know I say food is delicious all the time so I really need to come up with a new superlative of deliciousness to describe this latest dish. I think I am going with “oh-my-head-totally-fabulous” Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes! I am not exaggerating people, this is one tasty starch dish!
The original recipe is by Bobby Flay and posted online by our friends over at the Food Network. His version was totally luscious, but was edging over the borderline from side dish to full blown dessert in its decadence. I took the butter and cream down a notch and it was still fantastic.
When I made the recipe and re-stuffed the potato skins I had a little bit of the potato mixture left over. I put the extra into a little individual serving dish and cooked it right along side the stuffed potatoes. The individual portion in the dish cooked much faster and turned out great. Next time, I think I am going to skip stuffing the potato skins and go straight for 4 individual baking dishes, because it is just easier and I have a tendency for ripping the bottom of the potato skins as I scoop out the potato meat.
One other thing to really love about this dish is it reheats so beautifully. You can easily make twice baked sweet potatoes ahead on Sunday and serve it later in the week or even take with you for a brown-bag lunch. I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Sweet and Spicy Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Prep time: 15 minutes - Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes - Make: 4 potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 1 chipotle peppers in adobo, pureed or minced
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or creme fraiche)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Prick potato skins with a fork several times then place them on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven until soft (approximately 45 to 50 minutes).
Remove the potatoes from the oven and let rest 5 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the meat (being careful not to damage the skin) and place it in a bowl. Use a potato masher to smash the potatoes.
Bring the heavy cream and chipotle puree to a simmer over low heat in a small saucepan. Simmer for 1 minutes and remover from heat.
Pour chipotle cream mixture into the bowl with the potato meat. Add the butter, sour cream (or creme fraiche) and 1/2 cup of the maple syrup into the sweet potato mixture and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spray the baking dish with cooking spray. Fill each of the skins with the cream mixture, place back on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the potatoes from the oven, place on a platter and drizzle the tops of each with the remaining maple syrup.
Serve and enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy!
Incoming search terms:
- spicy twice baked sweet potatoes
- spicy twice baked potatoes
- spicy twice baked sweet potato
- how to make twice baked sweet potatoes
- twice baked spicy sweet potatoes
- twice baked sweet potatoes spicy
- spicy twice baked sweet potatoes recipe
- how to make a twice baked sweet potato
- bobby flay twice baked sweet potatoes
- spicy twice baked yams recipes
One of my favorite indulgences is buffalo chicken wings with some blue cheese dressing and a side of fries. Definitely not a healthy dinner.
Last night I tried for a little recipe make over with all of the flavors but less of the guilt. I started with baked potatoes and roasted chicken. Gave the potatoes a dollop of non-fat greek yogurt (a great substitute for sour cream) and gave the chicken a toss with a little buffalo wing sauce. Then I put everything together and added some blue cheese crumbs. The results were my sassy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes. The results were so tasty I decided to bring the leftovers to work for lunch today.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Prep Time: 6 minutes – Cook time: 3 minutes - Makes 2
- 2 baked potatoes, fully cooked and hot
- 6 oz cooked chicken, chopped (approx 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons non-fat greek yogurt (or substitute sour cream)
- blue cheese crumbles (or substitute monterey jack shredded cheese)
Turn on broiler to heat.
Toss chicken with wing sauce. If chicken is not hot, heat the mixture in the microwave.
Cut fully cooked potatoes open. Add a dollop of non-fat greek yogurt or sour cream. Top with chicken mixed in hot sauce. Add cheese.
Placed stuffed potatoes under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to melt cheese.
Since I have been doing the Healthy Eats Brown-Bag Challenge this week here is a quick recap of this week’s lunches to-go. I have had some truly tasty lunches that I have been exited to share. Stay tuned though, I am not done yet! We have one more delicious week to go with this challenge.
Incoming search terms:
- chicken stuffed baked potatoes
- buffalo chicken stuffed potatoes
- buffalo chicken baked potato
- stuffed baked potatoes
- chicken stuffed baked potato
- baked potato
- buffalo chicken stuffed baked potato
- buffalo baked potato
- stuffed baked potatoes with chicken
- baked potatoes with chicken