- Happy Father’s Day with Homemade Crepes
- Chipotle Black Bean and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Brussels Sprout and Avocado Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Guacamole
- Pistachio Encrusted Chicken
- Encrusted Parmesan Artichoke Chicken
- Honey and White Cheddar Apple Bites
- Spider Cakes (Golden Butter Cakes with Peanut Butter Icing)
- Black Bean and Mango Salsa
- Berry Studded Honey Cloud Pancakes
- Shredded Pork and Grilled Pineapple Tacos
- Sassy Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Shredded Pork
- Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Biscoff Milkshake
- Grilled Halloumi Cheese and Mango Salad
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: Sharing Sunday
It has been a stick-close-to-home kind of weekend. Mom is in town for a visit. We made Blue Cheese and Honey Crostinis yesterday but mostly we have been glued to the TV watching Hurricane Irene’s progress up the east coast. We were really lucky here on our little section of the coast. Irene stayed far out to sea leaving us with only a little wind and rain. I fear that my friends, family and everyone farther up the coast won’t fair so well.
We did peal ourself away from the TV long enough to check out our own coast line after Irene passed. Mom, Little Dude and I walked on the beach and watched surf churn.
I have found a few interesting post this week that I wanted to share. I have listed them below. I hope where ever you this weekend that are you stay safe and dry and manage to escape the wrath of Hurricane Irene! Have a great weekend everyone!
Some Interesting Food Posts from This Week:Street Food in Korea and Stuff on Sticks – I am fascinated with street food from all cultures. You can find some delicious bites in the most unpretentious places. I came across this post on Matt Bites about street food in Korea. Sweet pancakes, deep fried veggies, and all kinds of food on a stick – buy me a plane ticket I want to try a bite! How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag – Ok this just sounds like fun and a dangerous thing to know if it really works! I found it on The Foodie List which is a UK food site. I haven’t tried it yet, but I intend to give it a go! Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups – These little breakfast dishes look perfect for a hectic back to school morning! I love the idea a of a hot protein breakfast to get everyone going! Did I mention my own Little Pumpkin is starting preschool next week? I am really not ready for this! Crunchy Peanut Chocolate Chip Muffins – Found these little muffins on Evilshenanigans (which is just a fun little blog name isn’t?!) Can’t wait to give them a try using almond butter and a little whole grain flour. They look so tasty!
Happy Sunday everyone! Thought I would kick off today with just a little sharing.
I just wrapped up shooting pictures for a couple of new recipes to share with you. I think the food looks amazing! I hope you find the recipes just as amazing when I post them.
Since I have declared it “Sharing Sunday” thought it might also be fun to share a few great blog posts from the week. These are blog posts I have found to be either inspirational for future recipes I want to try and then share with you or just they were plain interesting reads.
- A Very Merry Un-Birthday to You - Bake at 350 is one of my favorite food blogs. On Monday Bridget made a half cake to celebrate her son’s half birthday. Love the concept!
- Cheese and Sesame Flat Bread – On Tuesday I came across this post on Cookistry. Love flat bread and this recipe sounds like it would make an phenominal appetizer or addition to a meal.
- The Whole Kids Foundation – On Wednesday I came across this post on the Whole Food Blog. I am extremely interested in organizations working to teach children about good nutrition and ending childhood obesity. It is amazing how many obese children are actually malnourished because the quality of what they eat is so poor!
- Roasted Chicken Breast on Barley Risotto – I came across this little gem on Thursday, a recipe for barley made like risotto. I am always trying to add more whole grains to the menu and this sounds really tasty. Adding this one to my pile of recipes to try soon.
- Random Acts of Cookies – There have definitely been times in my life when the only thing that could pull me out of a funk was doing something nice for someone else. On Friday Ashley was having a bad day so she made S’mores Krispie Treats and gave them away….bad mood gone. (Aside from just being a cool post, the cookie recipe sounds totally yummy too!)
- Roasted Pumpkin with Walnuts and Chocolate – Came across this recipe yesterday morning. Ice cream is healthy if you put it over a roasted vegetable right??
So that my daily list of interesting blog posts I read recently. Are there any blog post in particular that are inspiring you this week? Do share!