- Happy Father’s Day with Homemade Crepes
- Chipotle Black Bean and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Brussels Sprout and Avocado Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Guacamole
- Pistachio Encrusted Chicken
- Encrusted Parmesan Artichoke Chicken
- Honey and White Cheddar Apple Bites
- Spider Cakes (Golden Butter Cakes with Peanut Butter Icing)
- Black Bean and Mango Salsa
- Berry Studded Honey Cloud Pancakes
- Shredded Pork and Grilled Pineapple Tacos
- Sassy Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Shredded Pork
- Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Biscoff Milkshake
- Grilled Halloumi Cheese and Mango Salad
April 2015 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tag Archives: cheese
I am always on the hunt for interesting new breakfast ideas particularly ones that incorporate protein instead of just straight out carbs. I found a recipe for Savory Breakfast Muffins over on The Comfort of Cooking.
I decide to healthy the recipe up a bit with a few little changes. I swap out pork sausage for turkey sausage and used a white and wheat flour blend instead of Bisquick among a few other tweaks. The result was a tasty cheesy sausage biscuit.
My family really enjoyed this change of pace a breakfast. I hope yours will too.
Savory Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Muffins
Prep time: 5 minutes - Cook time: 35 minutes - Makes: 16 muffins
- 1 lb turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup all purpose white flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups milk
Preheat oven to 375º F. Line one medium-sized-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
Saute sausage crumbling the sausage with a metal spoon as it cooks. Drain excess grease and place in a large bowl.
Add white all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder shredded cheese and thyme leaves. Toss together with a fork.
Add eggs and milk to the other ingredients in the bowl. Mix well.
Scoop 1/4 cup of the muffin mixture into each preprepared muffin tin. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy!